Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A point of rejoicing

My wife and I were talking a few days ago about how glad we were that we're not "smart enough" to realize what we cannot do. We didn't realize that we couldn't have a bunch of kids. We didn't realize that we couldn't homeschool with all those kids. We didn't realize that we couldn't start to learn Latin and logic with them. We didn't realize that we couldn't refinish a 1930 canoe, make quilts, pay off our mortgage early, learn smocking and knitting, teach the kids firearm safety, and any number of other things.

Being smart enough to realize these things seems like the ticket to a really boring life. I praise God that He chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Music to my ears! Some of these things Faith and I have discussed and some we haven't, but it's wonderful encouragement to know it's already being done.

Uncle Ben