Friday, July 30, 2010

If so and so were alive today....

Having been to more funerals than I would have liked to attend in the past year, it is from time to time tempting to consider "well, what would so and so have said about such and such if they were in this room today?"  It could be Patton on handling our current wars, or Friedman about the current economic situation, my great aunt about education, or my mom about dietetics.

And when I consider those thoughts, I remind myself that if they were to come back, they wouldn't be talking about economics, war, education, or food.  They'd be talking about the Savior, our need to know Him, the joys of being with Him, and the terrors of being separated from Him.  How much of our lives seems so significant to us until we realize that it's just a temporary situation....

No comments: