Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Now this is something I'd like to see more of!

"Ben" comments on the 400th anniversary of the King James Version:

As a committed 1560 Geneva Bible Only (GBO) advocate, I mourn this last day of the last year before the New Age Bible (Per)Versions gained ascendancy in the English language. In 1611 dawned a day when a "bible" produced by Anglican, gospel-compromising, Erastian, Puritan-hating, monarchists changed God's Word and displaced a TR-dependent, nonconformist-influenced, divinely designated Word of God in English produced in the REPUBLIC of Geneva

Now seriously, I love and treasure the 1611 Authorized Version (and am doing my daily devotions in it), but the bibiolatry practiced by KJV only (and KJV preferred) advocates desperately needs this kind of mockery, as it does nearly immense damage to the Church.

That said, this blogger has in his possession a picture of "Ben" (who as far as I know I do not know) sitting in a leather armchair puffing on a cigar, so obviously his view means nothing.  (paraphrase of an actual argument against the eclectic text offered by one KJV advocate.....)

No comments: