Friday, February 15, 2008

Something that was cool about LA

Those who know me well know that I don't have a whole lot nice to say about Los Angeles, which I "affectionately" call "Los Diablos" for reasons related to its culture (or lack thereof), its smog, and so on.

However, fair is fair, and I have to give credit to Los Angelinos for inventing a glorious food; the bacon wrapped hot dog, grilled and served with your choice of toppings, ranging from ketchup & mustard to green chile. I think I'll make some for my family tonight.

And sad to say, government types have decided that grilling hot dogs instead of boiling them is a health hazard. Sigh. You'll have to make them at home, friends.

H/T KoolAidReport.

5 comments:

AOB said...

Oh yeah like when has anyone ever paid any attention to THEIR food reccomendations?

Grill baby....grill...

Douglas said...

When I was a child, my mother made hot dogs, split down the middle and filled with Velveeta, and wrapped with bacon using toothpicks.

The best part was picking the leftover melted cheese off the cookie sheet after dinner...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Man, is that reporter shooting for a Pulitzer; that was quite the in-depth story on the travails of a bacon wrapped hot dog vendor.

Bike Bubba said...

Aob, if only; reality is that if the vendors ignore the law, they're shut down. Sigh.

Unless, of course, they're supplying 138 million pounds of mystery meat from sick steers for the school lunch program. Double sigh.