Is that it's not Constitutional. Look at it closely. It's not levied on income, but rather wealth. It's a direct tax.
Hence, it is a direct tax prohibited by Article 1 of the Constitution, and the 16th Amendment (which authorizes only income taxes) has no bearing on it.
I'll be sitting here with the crickets chirping while I wait for the Senate or courts to figure this out, but it's pretty clear to me. There is no Constitutional authorization for this particular form of class warfare.
Field-Tested Advice for Time-Crunched Dads
-
A reader recently wrote in with a question I’ve gotten some version of
dozens of times over the years. He’s a year into fatherhood, his wife is
about to ...
3 hours ago
2 comments:
Doh!
Thanks for pointing that out. Is there more air in Minnesota too?
Yashure you betcha, but oddly enough, fewer skeeters than in Boulder County.
Post a Comment