Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving thoughts

It's amazing how one can "live of the fat of the land" here in this country--in my "time off," we've had people bring their unused packaged foods, produce, and even the game from the bottom of our freezer to us, along with clothes and more.   (Wild turkey has an amazing taste not duplicated by the domestic variety, that's for sure!)

It's amazing how one can cut expenses when one knows how to cook and sew.  I am currently wearing a pair of slacks that were repaired years ago--and nobody but my wife and I know.

It's amazing how God can put together a job offer from a company I'd not thought of working for, with a position I'd never thought I could do, with a pay package I'd never have dared to ask for. 

So count me thankful!  13 grains of Pilgrim corn have never tasted so good!

4 comments:

Jim Peet said...

Very happy for you and praising the Lord!

Gino said...

congratulations, Bubba. may you prosper and live well in your new endeavor.

tobin said...

That's great news! Congratulations, and praise the Lord!

Mark said...

Wild Turkey!?! I thought you didn't drink...

Good to hear (a (very) little) of your job offer! How far out of your zone is it?