Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sad signs for our republic

A sign in the bathroom at work:  "Please flush."  Sorry, but if a man has made it to adulthood without learning to flush the toilet, I'm guessing that "reading" isn't high on his list of abilities, either.

A person asked me where my neighbor in the cube farm was.  Thinking she must have already looked in his cubicle, I told her where he might be.  Turned out that my visitor hadn't bothered to even read the sign on the next cubicle (not five feet from her) announcing the inhabitant of that cubicle.

Sadder; this person has a key to her office.  Like it or not, there are plenty of prospective Obama and Franken voters out there.  I didn't dare ask any other women coworkers whether their bathroom had "please flush" posted inside the stalls. 

In more cheerful news, President Obama pardoned two turkeys from Minnesota today.  Spokesmen for Senator Franken and Governor Dayton immediately expressed their gratitude.

No comments: