Saturday, November 12, 2011

Almost good enough

It's a good thing that Big Red beat Penn State today (sorry Pentamom), but it's a shame that the Huskers didn't win 55-0 and get the coach who failed to stop a horrendous crime fired.

That said, knowing the level of corruption in sport today, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on some other programs as someone who has seen some barbarity decides to speak up to the police.  For the sake of little ones, I hope that whoever it is does so soon.

3 comments:

Ray D. said...

I can't speak for Pentamom, but as Pentadad, I would not have minded if the score was 99-0. If a few football players quit the team in disgust, that would have been fine with me too.

In fact, if the Penn State football program was eliminated for 10 years, that would be OK too. It was apparently an idol, and it could use some smashing.

Bike Bubba said...

And if the shoe drops at Michigan State or other schools I like, exactly the same. Well said.

pentamom said...

Well, late to the party, but, sure, he can speak for me! :-)

(Not that we're big PSU fans -- not really big college football fans, period -- around here anyway, but we had a sufficient amount of warm feeling toward them that this amounted to kind of a gut punch. But still, what the lord and master said. :-))