Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scary times in fashion.....

My family caught, sad to say, a little bit of "Dancing with the Stars" last night while dining at a fancy restaurant called "Pizza Ranch," and....let's just say that some of the outfits really helped my efforts at losing weight. If only someone were kind enough to tell some of the ladies that while showing more skin surely is distractive, it's not exactly attractive.

Especially bad was some guy in a see through shirt.....I would have made sure he was dancing to "YMCA" and "Instant Club Hit," if you know what I mean.

Then when I opened my new tank style undershirts, I was appalled to find that the manufacturer called them a "camisole." I can understand not calling them by their proper name ("wifebeaters"), but camisoles? What is this world coming to?

2 comments:

pentamom said...

That's really odd -- even leaving aside the feminine associations with the word "camisole," a camisole and a tank are NOT the same thing and I'm sure your shirts were not actually camisoles. Camisoles have what are generally referred to as "spaghetti straps," not the shoulder bands that a tank has. A tank also has a high back and a camisole has a lower bank. The words aren't interchangeable even in women's wear.

I checked out dictionary.com and there is an older meaning for camisole that pertains to a man's garment -- but it's outer-layer clothing with sleeves. Whoever decided to label your undershirts camisoles was out of his mind.

Bike Bubba said...

Or he was the favored dance partner of the guy on DWTS.....