Monday, September 28, 2009

Let no man separate

One of the things that became very clear to me as my family held the funeral for my mother is that, although my parents had divorced 26 years ago, many of the affections and wounds from that far back were still working. No, we did not have a scene, thankfully. Rather, it was touching to see my father--parted from my mother for that long--stop to pay his respects. Prior to that, he had done what little things he could to provide a bit of comfort for my mother.

It seems that some wounds just don't heal. In the same way, my wife and I just bought a home from an older divorced man, who commented that the divorce had just about killed him. It leads me to contemplate the possibility that when He said "let no man separate", He wasn't just referring to something we should not do. In a manner of speaking, He was telling us about something we could not do.

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

That's a good insight BB.