Friday, May 08, 2015

Banning images of Muhammad....

....reminds me of nothing so much as how East German soldiers tried to get me to stop taking pictures when I visited there in 1989.  When you've got to keep people from showing what you're about, you've got to assume there's something wrong with what you're doing.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember that the left--especially those in universities--got Communism wrong in the same way they're getting Islamic radicalism wrong today.  And, come to think of it--President Obama normalizing relations with Cuba despite the Cubans harboring known terrorists qualifies as well.  Don't worry, Mr. Obama, I won't be taking photos of East Berlin as I come in on the train.

Mr. Obama, the 1980s called.  You've got their foreign policy priorities back, plus a huge issue with nuclear weapons in the hands of people who aren't particularly afraid to die.  Good luck, America.

No comments: