Monday, January 28, 2013

Lonelier by far than the Maytag repairman

My local quality engineering society has, apparently oblivious to the fact that many people have plans for that night, scheduled its next meeting for February 14.  One would think that QEs might be aware that abandoning one's spouse that night might be a bad plan for increasing the quality of one's relationship, but apparently not.

Although my wife and I aren't big on Valentine's Day--if it matters that much how well you do it, your relationship is in trouble to begin with--but I think I'll be skipping this meeting.

5 comments:

Ray D. said...

I think that a customer satisfaction survey of the membership might reveal that a corrective action is needed, especially if attendance drops outside of the lower control limit.

Bike Bubba said...

....only if financial metrics are impacted, Ray! :^)

Mark said...

Bert, you are an engineer who actually has a wife, and I posit that you might be the outlier in the group... ;^)

Bike Bubba said...

Actually, most of my colleagues--present and ormer jobs--are married. We don't have singleness to blame for our cluelessness.

pentamom said...

Oh, come on, they're engineers. Everyone knows engineers aren't busy on Valentine's Day.

With the exception of two that I can think of, that is. ;-)