Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fun with Vacation Bible School

First of all, it's a great way to lose weight when you get out of work after 5pm, and need to be at VBS at 5:30.  Other thoughts:

My wife was taken aback when a little girl asked her if I was her boyfriend.  Well, yes, but we ordinarily call it something more, punkin!

I was taken aback when a little boy I was carrying said "take me all the way to the daycare."

If I keep carrying two or three four and five year olds at a time, I think I'll get some of that upper body strength I used to have back. 

The same little boy who asked me to carry him to the daycare center also is catching on to the full theme of Jesus.  Make of it what you will.

5 comments:

Elspeth said...

You live a colorful life, BB!

Gino said...

sounds like yer having fun. aint they awesome at that age?

Bike Bubba said...

You know you're talking to a fellow homeschooler when you discuss mayhem at VBS, and they say you lead a colorful life. :^)

(OK, not quite Jeff Foxworthy yet, am I?)

Yes, Gino & Terri, it's a blast. Even if I need some aspirin to recover. :^)

pentamom said...

For more and more little kids, "boyfriend" is the natural description of "the guy who's attached to the woman."

"Husband" is a more obscure category.

pentamom said...

Way back in the dark ages, close on 20 years ago, we were minding the 12ish year old daughter of a single mom our church was reaching out to. We were in our own apartment, with our toddler there after having spent some time with her already, and somehow it came up naturally that we were married.

"You're MARRIED? Wow. You look so young!" (We were about 26 at the time, maybe a bit young-looking for our ages, but nobody would have thought we were 18.)

The lifestyle that child was growing up in, even back then, had marriage as a remarkable condition, present mostly among old people, not the norm for families with young kids. And I might mention that she was white.