Thursday, April 09, 2009

A real midlife crisis

No, I'm not needing a Mustang or Corvette (as if my 6' 1.5" frame would fit in those anyways) or looking for a trophy wife (the wife I have already is). However, I found out yesterday that when you multiply by five children and the wife, that adds up to 240 spankings.

Thankfully they weren't that hard, or I'd still be unable to sit down. Got a cool "pig over flames" barbeque apron, too. I've wanted one ever since the time I got to visit Big Bob's in Decatur.

8 comments:

Jim Peet said...

Happy birthday friend!

Pilgrim said...

HA! Birthday spankings! Been a long time since I've been party to that tradition (giving or receiving). That's good stuff. Frohliche Geburtstag.

Night Writer said...

Oh, BIRTHDAY spankings. I thought at first that you had laid on 240 spankings on the kids AND the wife.

Okay, that makes the math easier. Happy 40th!

Mark said...

You're catching up to me!

Don't forget to sign up for Famous Dave's PIG club. They send free stuff on your birthdays. I got a $55 family feast on one of mine. :^)!

For the kids, they get L'il Wilbur meals - makes for a reasonably priced one-on-one birthday treat. And a good excuse for going to Famous Dave's!

Mr. D said...

40? That's it? I'd have to tell you get off my lawn.

Congratulations, good sir!

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Yes, yes, yes. Happy Birthday to you!

Gino said...

happy birthday,bubba.
(i just hit the 45 few days ago).

wishing you 40 more, times two.

Gabrielle Eden said...

I didn't realize this was a birthday announcement. Happy Birthday!!!