Thursday, March 26, 2009

When cometh the overseer?

In response to Gabrielle's question on when the national mandatory "volunteer" program will get going, WorldNetDaily and Michelle Malkin tell us that...it's pretty much through Congress, and that (yikes!) many Republicans and "blue dogs" apparently voted for it, too.

Even worse; many of those who opposed opposed it because it would be "ineffective," not because it does violence to the 13th Amendment. Forget Bastiat; I'll dream that someday politicians will simply read and understand the Constitution.

I won't be holding my breath, if these DOJ filings in a case about an anti-Clinton film are any indication. If they can't understand the 1st Amendment, why would we expect them to understand the 13th?

1 comment:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Thanks. I was talking to some people at work who don't read much or pay much attention to what's going on and they were listening to me when I told them about what Obama's talking about doing.

What is happening to our freedom?