...that peer review of academic work and earned doctorates are becoming very poor indicators of quality, take a look at Mike Adams' series on the academic travails of some Mormon students at Purdue University-Calumet's "Marriage and Family Therapy" program. A quick summary of Adams' findings; those who are religious face fairly systematic discrimination in all areas of the program, and the field of "sex therapy" places great stock in "desensitization" via the viewing of pornographic films.
Are these the people we should be looking to for our mental health, or some very lonely people whose practice of logic is more than a little bit rusty? Hopefully my home state will get a hint and de-fund this group.
Benster and D Pick Your Games --The Brewers Might Be Getting More Attention
Than The Packers Edition
-
Well, there is a nonzero chance that the Brewers game on Sunday might be
more anticipated in Wisconsin than Packers-Bears. The Brewers ended up
getting a g...
10 hours ago
2 comments:
I read the first installment and part of the second, but got too frustrated to finish. Hypocrites, clowns and ideological exclusivists. Should I ever need it I will look elsewhere for help.
There is a movement in at least conservative evangelical & fundamental circles towards Bible-based counseling. Like you, I'm hoping a steady diet of Scripture & accountability will prevent the need, but I'm watching to see how it pans out.
Post a Comment