Thursday, March 12, 2015

That's what talent will get you

Back when  was a young skull full of mush (as opposed to an old skull full of mush), I remember asking my dad why Catherine Bach (Daisy from the Dukes of Hazzard, of course) insured her legs for four million dollars.  My father simply pointed out to me that she wasn't getting paid for her  acting skills.

Fast forward to today, and singer Taylor Swift is said to have insured her legs for $40 million.   Sometimes the most embarrassing confessions we make are the ones we don't realize we're making, aren't they?

I'm referring, of course, to the fact that I did indeed watch Dukes of Hazzard as a child.  Now what were you thinking?

5 comments:

Mark said...

That you didn't appreciate Daisy's legs as much as some others of us...

Gino said...

imagine if Catherine Bach could sing...

Bike Bubba said...

So if I had appreciated her legs more, she would have been a better actress?

I guess I owe her an apology for ruining her career! Never knew I had such power....

tobin said...

Heck, Gino, imagine if Taylor Swift could.

Bike Bubba said...

I'm thinking that her voice isn't the primary reason I can't stand Miss Swift's music, if ya catch my drift. Tried to watch a couple of her videos and couldn't get past about a minute.....