1. He homeschools his children--many do not know, but homeschooling was revived in great part revived not by evangelical and fundamental Christians, but rather by hippies in the 1960s and 1970s.
2. He drives rusty cars that are both over a decade old, one of which has a manual transmission.
3. He often rides his bike to work, and his bicycles are well over a decade old.
4. He bakes his own bread.
5. He gardens.
6. Most of his clothes are from natural fibers.
7. He prefers acoustic instruments to electronic.
8. He loves bluegrass music.
9. He has personally repaired and restrung a
10. He makes a fair amount of his own furniture.
11. He's deeply suspicious of the military-industrial complex and government.
So there you go. Your host is not only an conservative fundamental Baptist with libertarian and Calvinistic leanings, but also a hippie. Cue up the Arlo Guthrie! (next post; complete text of "Alice's Restaurant")