Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thinking about the Girl Scouts for your daughter?

Think again. (H/T Hyperbole for 1000) Apparently, the Girl Scouts' partnership with Planned Infanticide ("oops," Planned Parenthood) extends to sharing Planned Infanticide's "Teenwire" "wisdom" with young girls.

What's in it? According to the Washington Times article, encouragement to ignore social norms and laws regarding sexual expression, including tacit encouragement to explore having sex while intoxicated. I've taken a quick look at Planned Infanticide's "Teenwire" site, and suffice it to say that it gives a tacit endorsement to some things that I'd guess drug addled hookers just won't do.

So if you want your little girl to have a few STDs, several broken hearts, and perhaps a pregnancy or two by age 15, I can heartily recommend the Girl Scouts to you. On the other hand, if you'd rather not have your child on retroviral drugs and antidepressants to deal with the fallout of fornication, I'd suggest that she could do better things than sell Thin Mints this time of year.

3 comments:

Mr. D said...

A mild objection, BB. My daughter is in the Girl Scouts and has been for four years now. It's a good experience for her, mainly because my wife and another highly sensible mom run the troop. I can promise you that the Planned Parenthood stuff won't reach my daughter while my wife is on the case.

Bike Bubba said...

Well said; though I'd counter that a portion of your daughter's membership dues is going to the national organization, which appears to be clearly pushing this agenda on other troops.

R.A. Crankbait said...

Explore having sex while intoxicated? What's next - explore driving while intoxicated (aka "retroactive abortion)? There's probably a merit badge for earning an STD.