Friday, July 17, 2009

More on Obamacare

Apparently, it bans people from purchasing their own health insurance--you need to go through your employer or the government. Yeah, that'll cut costs.....not. Generally, I pay about a third for my own health insurance when unemployed compared to what my employers have paid. It's like insurers know that when I'm on the hook for my own insurance, I'm going to do little things like get a bit of exercise, eat well, and avoid tobacco.

Not that Joe Biden would be able to figure that out--thanks to many for pointing me to this. Somebody PLEASE point Mr. Biden to Dave Ramsey's website, stat! It is amazing that a man can get Ivy League degrees and be a senator for over three decades with such a lack of basic understanding about how one "achieves" bankruptcy.

Either he doesn't understand, or (scary thought) he and his boss are trying to push us there in the same way that FDR and Hoover created and sustained the Depression. At least FDR and Hoover had the excuse that they might not have known what they were doing at the time.

No comments: