Friday, March 10, 2006

Watch out....

....because as you probably guessed would happen, I've joined the MOB. Yes, the prestigious "Minnesota Organization of Bloggers" headed by Godfather Chad "the Elder" of FratersLibertas and headquartered at Keegan's. I guess it was inevitable, having grown up near Chicago and having given out Al Capone Valentine's Day cards back in my bachelor days, owning dark double-breasted suits.....

I'll go by "Luigi," I think. Don't mess with me, or I'll post more fattening recipes and hints of how to better love your wife. Come to think of it, here is one; for bleu cheese dressing, adapted for fatteningness from The Frugal Gourmet.

4-6 ozs bleu (Roquefort) cheese, crumbled finely
2 cups mayonaisse
4 cloves fresh garlic
1 tbsp parsley
2 cups buttermilk

Mix, stir, and enjoy. Keeps for weeks, and keeps werewolves out of the house. You can use it for salads, or on meats. But if you enjoy it, make sure your wife does, too. And of course, since you put it on a salad, it's good for you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bleu cheese dressing. Do you have a good recipe for tomato vinagrette?

Bike Bubba said...

No, but it sounds interesting....may I suggest starting with the Better Homes & Gardens italian dressing recipe and adding a touch of tomato juice or pureed fresh tomato?

Douglas said...

Welcome to the MOB! I hope to see you at Keegan's on a Thursday night sometime. I've written a "Welcome to the MOB" post at MOBANGE!

Bike Bubba said...

Thursday night, eh? Do they do OK with teetotalers? Visted their website & found what looked like a decent menu, for sure...

Douglas said...

There are two trivia contests on Thursday night at Keegan's, in which the Fraters fiercely contend. One is at 6:30, and one is at 8:00.

You may have noticed we have two chefs in the MOB. Surly's Soap Box and That's Right, I'm A Chef! I have enjoyed preparing and consuming Surly's recipes.