Or rather, an encouragement. To make this day the best it can be, think back, way back. Back before people celebrated Valentine's Day like we do today.
Yes, I'm serious. Although it is certainly dangerous to view the past over-romantically, our forebears do seem to have understood how to keep a marriage going better than we. The best two books (besides the Bible) I've ever seen on the subject--by J.R. Miller and John R. Rice--are over 50 years old.
Now, I won't spoil the fun by telling you everything I've learned. Hopefully, I'll make things even more fun; read some older books for yourself, and see what you learn. Take C.S. Lewis' advice and read something out of copyright or with yellowed pages.
What Every Man Should Keep in His Glove Box
-
The glove box is basically your car’s junk drawer, accumulating this and
that odd document or condiment packet over the course of months and even
years. ...
17 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment