Monday, July 27, 2026

A worthy rivalry

While on vacation, I had opportunity to visit the Babcock Dairy Store on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Madison,  and I thought it would be fun to compare it with a haunt of my college years, the MSU Dairy Store in East Lansing.  My verdict is that Babcock and MSU Dairy are worth rivals worthy of anyone's first trip to the cardiologist.  Specific facets of that comparison:

Historical heroism: clear Badger win here, as Professor Babcock invented the butterfat measurement tool in 1890.  For making good ice cream and cheese, nothing says "I love you" like butterfat.

Ice Cream: tie.  Both MSU Dairy and Babcock Dairy do a wonderful job making wonderful rich ice cream.  If they should desire to have a head to head competition, I would totally love to be a judge my doctors suggest I should abstain from being a judge.  

Other comestibles: win for the Badgers, as you can get a sandwich there as well.  It's one stop shopping for Heaven food, i.e. food that will get you to Heaven more quickly.

Shop experience: Victory for MSU here, as many of the procedures at the Babcock Dairy Store are quite confusing, especially for first time visitors.

I look forward to a spirited and good natured rivalry between these eminent purveyors of arteriosclerosis!

No comments: