Monday, September 11, 2023

How not to do it

For about the past seven years--since Rachael Denhollander went public with her allegations against Larry Nassar--let's just say I have not been the proudest Spartan out there.  My Michigan State gear has been largely unused, and the latest news--that State's football coach is now suspended without pay for sexual harassment of a rape survivor who now works to bring better practices with regards to sexual assault--does not make this any better.

Or, rather, I am waiting to see how much grosser it gets, because I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would find satisfaction in the alleged acts (which the coach has now largely confessed to), or why it would take as long as it has to investigate this, or precisely what changed now--more than a month after the initial report was written, and the coach had confessed.

2 comments:

Hearth said...

It's a power trip. Most (not all, but most) behavior like this is.

And that's why I am completely comfortable with men who are comfortable in themselves and Very Alert when I'm around a man that gives me a vibe of "I have something to prove".

And why the #1 self-defense step is being rude. Very difficult for nice ladies to pull off. But a "F you, jerk!" followed by dialtone is what is called for, and nothing less. Can't just hang up (sigh) b/c you have to take the power back. -sighsighsigh- Or you can have your husband handle it, but not all nice ladies have good men to call on.

Bike Bubba said...

Somehow you remind me of how one deals with little dogs with an attitude....dare I suggest that Tucker seems like a bratty cocker spaniel? I bet he'd rejoice to hear that.