Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dripping with class

The couple who called 911 when Jayme Closs found them after a months-long abduction is saying that the young lady ought to get the reward for her return since she freed herself.  Now as much as I'd also agree that the couple could also be said to deserve that reward because they did indeed risk a confrontation with the kidnapper--allegedly the murderer of at least two people already and the horrendous abuser of one in addition--I've got to take off my hat to a couple who are willing to forgo this reward to benefit this young lady.


This is especially the case when I consider that Closs' family is going to need resources not only to feed, clothe, and house her, but also, I'd presume, to provide mental health services for her as she deals with whatever trauma she endured.  I might even smile and suggest that part of that money ought to get her a puppy if she desires one.  Hopefully some smart person in the area knows how to make this happen. 


And I dare suggest that if I were to walk past her rescuers' home, I just might be overcome with the fragrant scent of class, and ecstatically so.  Well done.

1 comment:

elspeth said...

Sounds like some true salt of the earth people. Bless them.