An attorney who apparently works a fair amount with survivors has this to say about hotlines:
Victims/survivors should never ever call the wrongdoers hotline. It is only an information gathering tool for USC -- worst thing you can do.
In this context, what he's arguing--perhaps before the evidence is entirely clear, but he probably has insight that I don't--is that when one makes a Title IX report, one can only expect that the institution under which it is made will work to protect itself, not the reporter.
Now I don't know how widespread it is--it certainly appears to have happened at USC and MSU--but if attorneys like Mr. DiMaria and John Manly are persuaded that this is a very real problem with Title IX, I'd hope that a smart legislator in the District of Columbia can be persuaded to schedule some hearings and work to fix the system.
And having watched as MSU clearly gamed this system, all I can say is that if you're a student who is sexually assaulted, you just might do well to skip Title IX altogether and go to the police. If you need a buddy, I'll go with you if I can.
Verrassende_kansen_ontdek_je_bij_uspincasino-nl_nl_voor_een_unieke_spelervaring
-
Verrassende kansen ontdek je bij uspincasino-nl.nl voor een unieke
spelervaring Het Spelaanbod van uspincasino-nl.nl: Een Wereld van Vermaak
De Voordelen v...
10 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment