Monday, December 10, 2012

Heard on the radio.....

.....on the way home from work  (WORK!!!!!) was our President arguing against "right to work" laws in Michigan on the basis that the future did not lie in low skill, low wage jobs.  Of course, by defending the UAW in this, he apparently is of the belief that the future does lie in low skill, high wage jobs, as if UAW members have no competition in Ohio, Kentucky, Mississippi, and for that matter, Thailand and China.

Thankfully, it appears that Governor Snyder is poised to sign it, and it'll be very, very interesting to see how many UAW members drop the UAW like a bad habit when it goes into effect--and what things the UAW does, legally or illegally, to prevent them from doing this.  If the UAW tries what I think it will try, it'll be interesting to see Mr. Obama try to avoid the DOJ invoking RICO against one of his prime sources for campaign funds.  Moreover, if Obama surprises me and does what's right in response, it'll be interesting to see how much of the UAW bailout money goes to former members suing for illegal intimidation.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I just got an email from AFSCME saying that it had passed and that I should call the Guv of MI to ask that he veto it.

I don't think that I will. ;^)

Mark said...

And, no, I don't have a clue how I got on their email list!

Bike Bubba said...

Always knew you were a union thug, Mark! :^)