Thursday, February 05, 2009

Here's a thought.

If the election of Barack Obama has given the left renewed patriotism, are they not conceding that conservative claims about their lack of patriotism were at least in part true?

I'll be waiting for the apology from the Daily Kos types any day now. But not holding my breath. Seriously, the lack of critical appraisal of our new President and his staff (minions?) is flat out scary--the sign of a society that is (per Daniel's prophecy) worshipping a god of power. I don't know that this fulfills that prophecy, but it's scary.

4 comments:

Guitarman said...

The media (the little I watch of it) does seem to sighting in those high level appointments with tax troubles...see your let me get this straight post 2 stories below.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I think that there is a very definite lack of patriotism on the part of some, but for many they are just stuck in foolishness. Perhaps they still are deceived by media/Hollywood characterizations of conservatives, perhaps they know little about economics or ethics and think that wealth redistribution is a good way to help people, maybe they just don't think about these things very much and the liberal message sounds good on the surface. Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't impugn the patriotism of most folks on the left, in spite of the company they keep.

On the other hand, this spiritual dullness (and I would characterize it at its root as a spiritual problem) does have consequences. I think that at least some of these folks will see that, given enough time.

Shawn said...

patriotism? no thanks.
freedom? yes, please!

Bike Bubba said...

If Shawn's referring to the "gotta fly the flag and sing the anthem out of tune and blow up lots of Chinese fireworks" patriotism that almost makes me wish Pickett had made it 100 yards further, I'm with him.

On the other hand, there is a less noxious love of country that seeks the best for it--which would be freedom. I'm afraid that I can't accuse the far left of this, though.