Monday, July 17, 2006

Something truly important

One truly wonderful thing about driving through Wisconsin is that there is always another cheese store to visit and explore. In the past couple of weeks, I've visited Humbird in Tomah and Carr Valley's retail store and factory in Mauston. Great name for a town with a cheese factory, right? (mouse-town, for those who don't know German)

My favorites; Carr Valley's cheddars are delightful. The fresh curds squeak like a mouse being run over by my pickup, and their aged cheddars remind you fully why you waited so long to eat them. I'm going to try one of their 15 year sharps one of these days--8 years is pretty strong already. The landjaeger sausages at Humbird are also not helping my weight loss program. Get a box of crackers to cleanse the palate for the next bite, and get some ice cream to finish.

4 comments:

Mercy Now said...

Humn, interesting. I guess I don't need to throw away the cheese I accidentally left on the kitchen overnight anymore. Fifteen years from now, I can sell it:o)

Bike Bubba said...

Well, if you had it sealed in wax to keep out microbes, you're absolutely right. :^)

Mark said...

And on every corner, in every town, in Minnesota you find what?

Bike Bubba said...

Not fresh cheese curds or 15 year cheddars. We've got a lot of dairy, but we're simply not Wisconsin.

Thankfully, not lutefisk on every street corner here, either!