Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Shades of the late 1980s

An epidemiologist who noted, apparently correctly, that monkeypox is predominantly a disease of the homosexual community appears to have been reassigned to a different division.  Because if you're hoping to reduce a disease that is disfiguring to lethal, pointing out the current demographics is of course the very last thing you'll do.

If you're politically correct in Gotham, that is.  It is not clear whether the powers that be hate honest men more, or those likely to contract monkeypox.  I'm calling it a tie.

One other thing that comes to mind is that, as monkeypox leaves a pattern of lesions that resembles little so much as its related smallpox, it's unclear to me why anyone would decide to sleep with someone with signs of the disease. 

2 comments:

elspeth said...

One other thing that comes to mind is that, as monkeypox leaves a pattern of lesions that resembles little so much as its related smallpox, it's unclear to me why anyone would decide to sleep with someone with signs of the disease.

You expect sanity in 2022? Common sense? Powers of plain observation? Ha!

I have some swamp land you might like...

Bike Bubba said...

You'd better offer me a bridge. Since you're from Florida, it's entirely plausible to me that you'd own some swamp land. :^) (if I buy, will you promise me some alligators? Or pythons?)

Seriously, there are any number of questions that ought to be asked here which, in the current politically correct atmosphere, will not be answered. Sigh.