Tuesday, February 12, 2019

too true

The Babylon Bee reports that Baptist churches are still holding fast to their theological distinctive of pretending not to drink.  Too true, as my wife responded to my suggestion that we try a "hot toddy" to deal with a nasty cold by mentioning that a bunch of her friends on Facebook--mostly fundamental Baptists--recommended exactly the same thing.  It also reminds me that when a former "pastor" of ours pretty much drove us to drink (by harassing us with KJVO materials and being basically legalistic), I insisted that the beer my dear wife had purchased for us be kept openly in the fridge, not hidden. 


Which is a long way of saying that I can go fishing with Gino without him finding another Baptist to come.  And if you're curious, I don't know for sure, but so far, so good.  A friend of ours from Liverpool claims that the germs get drunk and fall out of your nose while you're sleeping. 

No comments: