Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How do they do that?

I have, over the years, been able to eat a number of things others disdain.  Piglet ears?  No problem!  Haggis?  Sure!  Brioche a la roy?  Absolutely.  Vienna-style fried chicken?  Ducks' feet?  Yum!  Chitterlings?  Sign me up.  You would think that I would qualify for the Iron Stomach Award.

Then, on the other hand, you've got anything canned from Hormel,KFC or Dead Lobster.  Ugh.  I don't know exactly what the big restaurant chains do to make their food so indigestible--huge amounts of oil, white flour, and sugar are of course probably involved--but there are some amazing depths of indigestibility that have been achieved by those fellas.   Do they have chemists working all day to figure this out?

3 comments:

Gino said...

what is vienna style fried chicken?

have you tried balut yet?

Douglas said...

The last time I had haggis, the whiskey-onion gravy helped.

Bike Bubba said...

Vienna style fried chicken;

http://bikebubba.blogspot.com/2006/05/bubba-fried-chicken.html

Basically the predecessor of the southern recipe with some exceptions. Have not tried balut, but I think I could handle it.

Douglas: :^) I've had it once, and it was pretty good. Maybe it was light on the liver and lungs.