Wednesday, July 26, 2023

More great moments with electric vehicles

Another cargo ship has apparently been set on fire by an electric car in its hold.   Don't you want one in your garage?  

Yeah, me either.  I am guessing that what's at hand here is salt air and fully charged Lithium-ion batteries causing a short, discharging an immense amount of energy in a short amount of time.  Given that I live in an area where salt is put on the roads to remove snow and ice, I'm not terribly fond of the idea of putting such a vehicle in the same building where my loved ones live and sleep.

If you'd told me as a young pup--having just learned that half a cup of gasoline is equivalent to a stick of dynamite in explosive power--that I'd be choosing to have two fuel bombs in my garage to avoid having rechargeable batteries there--I'd have thought you were nuts.  But here we are.

No comments: