Friday, May 25, 2018

Well, yes, I'd agree

The Indianapolis Star--which ought to get a few Pulitzers for their coverage of the Larry Nassar scandal--has a new bombshell story out indicating that USA Gymnastics deliberately hid Nassar's status of "person being investigated for criminal sexual conduct" from their constituents.  Put gently, MSU's $500 million settlement ought to look downright puny in comparison with what USA Gymnastics is going to end up paying for that boondoggle.


And I hate to admit it, but one quote of Nassar actually made me smile.  In discussion of the matter with USAG about his status, he's said to have written this:


Can we just say I am sick?


Yes, Mr. Nassar, we can, and I hope that some good psychiatrists get to talk with you in prison to give their profession a better view of what made you do what you did, and how we might avoid that in the future.

No comments: