Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lucky 13

Last night, my wife and I celebrated 13 awesome years together--as I wore #13 as my church's softball team lost its 13th game of the season to complete a "perfect" 0-13 season.

(for the record, the family went out to eat Sunday because we knew Monday would be packed)

If you try to tell me that baseball and softball are about winning and not about character, well, you'll get a bit of an argument from this lifelong Cubs fan. I hope that's not too self-serving. :^)

9 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Why in the world would you waste your affections on those whiny Chicago northsiders when you have a scrappy, hard-playing gang of lads from Minnesota to root for?

Also, congratulations on your anniversary.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Big muchos congratulations on 13 years. Onward to 80!

Bike Bubba said...

Pilgrim: don't you know that baseball can't be played on plastic, under a roof, or at night? Yeesh. :^)

Pilgrim said...

The first two are about to be remedied for Minnesota. As to the third, even the Cubbies have capitulated, haven't they?

Bike Bubba said...

Yup. Even the Cubbies only play about 60 games each year, if I remember right. Maybe 70 for the few day games they get away.

Pilgrim said...

Since we're talking about baseball, you mentioned that you've taken a position in Waseca. Back when I was playing SCC baseball (mid-1990's Fairmont), Waseca was a powerhouse. I actually enjoyed getting beaten by them, for the opportunity to see some good baseball. Ditto New Ulm.

Gino said...

congratulations on 13yrs.
you've only just begun, now keep it up.

Bike Bubba said...

Well said, Gino (and others). And many thanks!

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations!!!!