Wednesday, May 18, 2022

This'll cause them to surrender

The Russians, that is.  Apparently with the withdrawal of western car companies from the Russian market, they're looking to resurrect the old "Moskvich" brand from the Soviet era.  Now as an avid cyclist, I guess I should be ecstatic that they're giving their citizens such a great reason to ride a bicycle, but at -30F in the winter, I think their subjects will be a little peeved.

But with a bit of (bad) luck, somebody in Russia has the design files to the infamous "Trabant" of East Germany, which will make a great partner vehicle to those T-72s that "pop the cork" on the turret when they're hit.  These two vehicles have something in common; visible emissions.  The T-72 has visible emissions because they haven't been maintained much for the past 30 or so years, and the Trabant has visible emissions because of its two cycle engine.  

Maybe they'll fall in love and get married....or am I getting ahead of myself here?  I'd throw flowers to celebrate, but the T-72 would probably explode from the impact.

No comments: