Sunday, March 21, 2010

A man is known by his actions

Judging by the number of supposedly "pro-life" Democrats who cannot bring themselves to vote against a bill that would bring government funding of prenatal infanticide, I would dare suggest that it's a safe bet that (like early Al Gore, Joe Lieberman, and others) their "pro-life convictions" are only good until the votes are counted.

Exodus 20:16, folks.

Addendum: it might be objected that due to a proposed executive order by Dear Leader, there is no public funding of prenatal infanticide....to those who believe that, remember that Article 1 of the United States Constitution does not allow the President to overrule law. So what we have here is either a Constitutionally illiterate Congress and President (very likely), or the assertion that th executive claims the power to make law, or both.

We are in very dangerous times, as Dear Leader seems to be trying his best to override the Constitution and the limits self-imposed by President Washington.

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I'm trying to figure out how to react to this. I'm wavering between anger, disgust, sadness, derision, and motivation. It seems clear to me that the values I cherish are held in contempt by this government. At this point I have no respect for them as legislators and little respect for them as human beings. I'm aware of how harsh that sounds and I don't like it. But they have chosen to be contemptible. Ugh.