Tuesday, March 17, 2009

News you can't use

If I were tempted to start a really ugly rumor, I'd say that this:

Dubai (AP). Sources in Dubai City indicate that at the tender age of 50, Michael Jackson's voice is changing, and his future plans are to join the Oak Ridge Boys, replacing Richard Sterban.


Or this


Washington, DC (AP) Sources indicate that Congressional Democrats have agreed to read Bastiat's commentaries on economics, and make appropriate policy changes.


I'll believe the first one first, I think. For that matter, I'll believe the first before I believe most Republicans in Congress are ready to take Bastiat seriously.

Giddy-up...

3 comments:

Elspeth said...

I'd believe the first story, too.

Totally unrelated: I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog. My consideration of education certification is in anticipation of possible future changes in homeschool laws. Right now, as you said, it doesn't matter in my state. But the liberals are in charge now, beholden to the NEA and what not, so I feel a proactive approach might be in my family's best interest.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Ha ha! That was hilarious!

Bike Bubba said...

Terry: good point. I would enjoy watching, though, as NEA lawyers tried to explain to a court how teachers (with average SAT scores of around 1000 or less) are somehow more competent to teach children than engineers (mean SATs of 1200), lawyers (mean SATs of 1300 or so), and doctors (mean SATs of 1300 or so).

Not that it would penetrate the "keen" mind of a typical Obama appointee (how do I figure out that Schedule SE again?), but it would be amusing nonetheless.