Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Ray Bradbury, please call your office

Apparently AI companies are buying vintage physical books, scanning them for their databases, and then destroying them.  Shades of Fahrenheit 451, if you ask me, and the only thing I can say in defense of them is that they're at least loading the concepts into their AI models.  Still, if you wonder why you want to keep a few physical books around, this is a great reason why.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I was just thinking of you and your tremendous reading speed while listening to a blog and attempting to read on my phone as well and realizing that the audio in my ears was interfering with the audio of my reading. When you read, Bert, do you autolyze what you’re saying as it is processed? Thank you very much.

I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend

Mark said...

In the comment above, “blog” should be “podcast” and “autolyze” should be “audible-ize”

Bike Bubba said...

I try to analyze what I'm reading, I guess, and then the mind says "this reminds me of....". Thanks for teaching me a new word. Hope you're doing well!