Friday, September 08, 2023

Word to the wise

An influencer is, by and large, a person who looks good in tight-fitting clothes, not necessarily someone you want to emulate, as the tragic death of Larissa Borges shows.  Now obviously I don't know whether her death was due to a congenital heart defect, drugs, or something else, but at the end of the day, an "influencer" is someone who looks good in online pictures, not an expert.  

(and in the same light, I am someone who looks nerdy online, not an expert.....)

One side note; I'm not a pathologist or coroner, but one thing I notice in the pictures is that she had very little abdominal fat for a woman, which indicates she was taking some pretty extraordinary measures for her appearance.  Sad to say, I'd have to suggest "pay close attention to her lab results."

2 comments:

Hearth said...

The growth of new methods of body modification - like coolsculpting for targeted fat loss - is sometimes not known to folks outside the target audience.

My old hairdresser used to subscribe to plastic surgery magazines. I didn't even know that a thigh lift was a thing... it's a thing.

Bike Bubba said...

Sometimes it seems like some of the best commentary on these things is the tabloids (and Fox) noting who's died for a botched procedure. Yikes. And you're right, some of the things people do for beauty these days...."you're putting WHAT on your face?" and all. My favorite is the skin cream made from the byproducts of circumcisions....