Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Reading, writing, and....what??????

Apparently a book containing graphic depictions of oral sex, sex toys, and the like is seen as having "Literary value" and is "aligned with Common Core Standards."   I guess my generation owes Larry Flynt a big apology for not getting every school library a subscription to his magazines.

Or not.  I'm reminded of a friend I used to work with who commented that his church's youth group generally couldn't read well or do mathematics, but they knew that abortion was a right and that they might be gay.  Priorities, I guess, not including actual "education".

Along the same lines, our next door neighbor boy (7 years old) walked in while Mrs. Bubba was running through some things by Bach and just loved it.  There is hope if we don't forget where we've been.

No comments: