Friday, December 10, 2021

Just call her Jadis?

 President Biden's spokeswoman, Jennifer Psaki, is stating that--as about a foot of snow is falling in my part of Minnesota--that parents are "grateful" for the opportunity to eat outside to "stop the spread of COVID."  Apparently lost on Ms. Psaki is the fact that children by and large do not contract or spread COVID to any great extent, and such the major effect on children exposed to this "wisdom" of public health officials is, well, exposure, to include "frostbite" when cities like Edina (a Minneapolis suburb) do this practice.  Yes, imagine your kids outside with hat & gloves, trying to eat their PBJ without completely ruining their gloves and coats.

I guess her proper name is "Jadis", and I remember reading about her in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.  Maybe she'll come up to Edina and offer the kids some Turkish Delight?

I am not quite sure whether that's better or worse than my other thoughts about her work, which is that it resembles little so much as this.  I've become used to Presidential spokesmen lying to us, but Jadis is, well, something special in this regard.



2 comments:

Hearth said...

Just lock me in a room with my governor for about 10 minutes alone... maybe I can arrange a similar chat with Jadis for y'all?

I have a few words to say to him about how the schools have been handled, yes I do. And about those that make rules that they themselves do not follow.

Mark said...

Listening to the WH press conferences does remind me of standing behind that fine piece of John Deere equipment.

Thanks! :^)