Wednesday, March 13, 2019

And it starts?

After Randall Margraves, father of some of Larry Nassar's victims, tried to assault Nassar in the courthouse in my wife's hometown, I wondered when someone else might actually figure out how to settle the matter outside the courts, where there are no metal detectors.   Well, we may have our first case, as a laicized priest in Nevada has been shot and killed.


And if indeed the perpetrator in this case is either one of that priest's victims, or a loved one of one of that priest's victims (or those of other priests), I must confess that were I a potential Nevada juror, I'd have trouble convicting.  Just as importantly, it strikes me that the bishops and that guy in Rome need to come up with a plan, quick, to get as many pedophile priests in prison where they may be safer.  As Frederick Douglass is said to have said, those denied justice at the soap box, ballot box, and jury box may seek it in the cartridge box. 

No comments: