Monday, December 11, 2017

A bit of a side note

I am not one to compliment Chicago much these days, with corrupt government and inept sports teams and the like, but having spent last Saturday there with the family at the Christkindlmarkt , two blocks west of the Marshall Field's flagship store, and having enjoyed lunch at Geno's, I must confess that no other city I've been in does winter style like Chicago--bright scarves, etc..


To make up for that, I got to spend about an hour in scenic downtown Gary due to mechanical problems on the South Shore Line.  Oh well, the more things change.....and it gave me time to digest my pizza on the way home, too.

2 comments:

Ray D. said...

I stopped in Gary Indiana once.

The noteworthy thing there was that the Subway counter was behind bullet-proof glass.

Bike Bubba said...

Yup. We always make sure that we stop in Michigan City or Chesterton (my hometown) instead of risking Gary.

Happy New Year, Ray!